Household insurance

The structure of your home is insured as part of your tenancy agreement. It's up to you to insure your possessions.

Contents insurance

We can help you buy affordable home contents insurance. While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly. With a special scheme by AVIVA Insurance Limited, you can protect your belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens you have cover.


  • Various payment options: flexible regular premium payments, fortnightly or monthly by cash using a swipe card at any post office or pay zone outlet; monthly by direct debit, annually by cheque, postal order, debit or credit card
  • No excess - you don't have to pay the first part of the claim.
  • Cover is offered in bands of £1,000 starting from £4,000 for tenants living in 'sheltered housing', £7,000 for tenants aged 60 and over and from £9,000 for all other tenants. The maximum sum insured available is £40,000.
  • Optional cover available for accidental damage an also for items such as wheelchairs, mobility scooters, and hearing aids.

How to apply

Applying is easy and the prices are competitive. Fill out the form in the booklet you received at sign up (or call the office for one). Find out more by calling 01962 892086. Or apply online.

By acting today, you'll protect your belongings from fire, and water bursts.


Copyright 2020 Castle Rock Edinvar  |  Scottish Charity No. SC006035  

Terms and conditions  |  Site map  |  Privacy and cookie policy  |  Modern slavery statement  |   Freedom of Information Scotland