The importance of gas safety

Each year people die from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by gas appliances and flumes which have not been properly installed or maintained. Many others also suffer ill-health.

The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deal with the installation, maintenance and use of gas appliances, fittings and flues in domestic and certain commercial premises. They place duties on landlords to ensure that gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants' use are safe.

These duties are to protect tenants' safety therefore it's important that you give us access to allow us to fulfil our legal duty but also to protect you and those living with you. 

Our team is able to offer appointments Monday to Saturday with early evening appointments during the week. Each year we will write to you around the anniversary of the last gas service, if you are not able to make this please let us know by calling 0131 657 0600, option 1 followed by option 2. It is in all our interests to maintain your property and keep you safe.

For more information please visit the Health and Safety Executive website.

Copyright 2020 Castle Rock Edinvar  |  Scottish Charity No. SC006035  

Terms and conditions  |  Site map  |  Privacy and cookie policy  |  Modern slavery statement  |   Freedom of Information Scotland