Moving on

Want to move home? We may be able to help you transfer or exchange your property.

Safe and secure housing as you get older

We can offer you a home in a friendly, secure and accessible environment. Our options could mean the right move for you. 


If your circumstances change you may want to transfer to a different property. You can bid for advertised properties if you want to move home. Register on EdIndex or Homehunt to bid for advertised properties. You'll get priority over other applicants on homes which say 'priority to CRE tenants' on our adverts. You should only bid for homes of the size you need, in the areas you want.


If you want to transfer in Edinburgh you can bid for up to 3 properties each week. You need to:

  • Complete an EdIndex form
  • Be clear that you're in a housing association tenancy and that Castle Rock Edinvar is your landlord (take a look At question 8 on the form)
  • Make sure you're bidding for a property advertised for a Mover (M) or Starter/Mover (S/M)

East Lothian, Midlothian and West Lothian

You need to:

  • Register with HomeHunt Web
  • Log onto Homehunt to view properties
  • Place a bid on the HomeHunt site for any properties you're interested in


If you want to swap your home you may want to consider registering with:

Both of these are paid sites but Castle Rock Edinvar tenants can register and use the sites for free.

How it works

Simply register and provide details about your current home and the type of home you're looking for. We'll check and approve the information you provide. You'll receive log in details and you can start looking for someone to swap with.

You must be a Scottish Secure Tenant before your request for a mutual exchange will be considered.

Copyright 2020 Castle Rock Edinvar  |  Scottish Charity No. SC006035  

Terms and conditions  |  Site map  |  Privacy and cookie policy  |  Modern slavery statement  |   Freedom of Information Scotland